Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I love my house.

I do. On June 2nd, I celebrated the one-year anniversary of the purchase of my house and thought, what better way to proclaim the love I have for my house than via the internet? Therefore, I respectfully dedicate this blog to my house and everything I do to it, in it, and with it.

I know this might just make me sound like the crazy cat lady (which I'm not...yet), but I have to say that two of the most important parts of the house are my current roommates: Gloria and Ollie.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Without them, the house would lack that certain je-ne-sais-quois that makes it so darned interesting; I had to mention them right off the bat.

Now. With that out of the way, let me tell you a little bit about the place.
Picture of the front of the house:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Built in 1954. Ranch-style. Three bed, two bath. I've got a mudroom and a workspace in the garage that I'd love to fill with power tools and looms but that's for another time...I'm lucky because the house was renovated before I moved in and the guy I bought it from replaced the floors with hardwoods and Berber carpet. It also has new blinds and tray ceilings which give each room lots of character and the feeling of being in a bigger room. If I had to pick my favorite room in the house, well, I don't know that I could; but if I had to, I guess I'd say the kitchen. I've got a gas stove and oven and a refrigerator that has an ice and cold water dispenser in the door. I've done tons of cooking and baking, and I automatically feel better about life when I'm in that room. I'd like to paint it a robin's egg blue and maybe replace the tiles on the floor with Spanish tiles. It would be pretty.

I'd say that's about all I have to write about right now. More to come.

image link to web designers page
The premier web design guide.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Planet-House! This planet rocks!

Anonymous said...

Good words.